Monday, November 30, 2015

My One English Class:














I was very interested by this one class I am taking here because it is my only class in English. In this class we create lessons for ESL classes for a specific age group our assignment gives us using children's literature. I give the locals a lot of credit because I can't imagine having this class in another language. It was very interesting to hear what words/sounds they struggled with, but which came super easy. It was also interesting to hear how they spoke. It was a mixture of being super formal with some British influence. Being America, there were many times when they were grammatically correct but I would be caught off guard because we would never say that in the States. I also noticed with how we speak is our mouths are wider and our tongues are inside our mouth while the Spanish have their mouth less open but their tongue is constantly a little outside their mouth. It's actually pretty cool and I try to speak their way! I believe that the grammar of Spanish is harder to learn but the pronunciation of English is more difficult. ENglish has less rules and more ways to say speak or write one things, but Spanish is more strict and has more words. I hope I have helped my friends better their English because they have sure helped me improve my Spanish!





No comments:

Post a Comment