Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Halloween:

Yes Spain has Halloween!

The day before Halloween is one of my friend´s birthdays so we all had a nice party before we went out to the club. In America, for Halloween the crazier your costume is the better. In Spain....less is more. There were some people that painted their faces but most people just wore a mask or hat of soem sort. A half hour before I went to my friend´s house I bought two flower headbands. I wore a dress and my boots and called myself some kinda of hippie. Everyone was suprised that I didn´t wear a lot because I am ¨la americana¨of our group. They thought I was going to go crazy because that´s how we are in the US. It´s pretty funny how many American sterotypes we truly do live up to in the eyes of Europeans!



We went to a club at around 1am and danced the night away. I keep meeting more and more people from my university and every weekend has been so much fun! I feel like I have made some of my best friends who aren´t even in my clases by going to social events. It´s truly the best way to practice Spanish and have the most fun!

Remember what I said about Spanish parties going super late? My friends and I didn´t get back to the house until 8am........I was so tired I had to take a quick nap on their couch before I went back to my own bed!



It was definitely one of my favorite weekends and I have all these beauitful and amazing people to thank for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment