Thursday, October 22, 2015

International House:



I started my internship a few weeks ago with International House. This an international program that supplies courses and living arrangements to those who wish to learn another language. I work as an assistant/teacher aid in my internship. Besides all my classes at my university, I have one class with IH and they are the ones that chose my host family for me. They are an incredible organization who really want to show that anyone can learn another language. The IH location in Valencia isn´t only for people like me that wish to learn Spanish. I have the pleasure of working in one of the English classes for children here and it's so much fun! The children are all locals who parents want them to start learning English. There are also German, Italian, French, and even Chinese classes that anyone of all ages can take! Not only are there classes of various languages but there are also many activities offered daily to show off the city of Valencia. Working with the behind the scenes of this organization has shown me how they are all caring and beautiful people whose main goal is to help others learn languages. They aren't here to scam people and they are extremely careful with the families they hire to host students. They are truly amazing and you can find other IH locations all over the world! You could even study in South Africa if you wanted to! I am very grateful for International House because they have given me an amazing family, an awesome internship, and an extra class to help me improve my Spanish. If you want to learn another language definitely look into this organization!

No comments:

Post a Comment