Friday, September 11, 2015

A Relaxing Day:

I can't really say I did a whole lot yesterday. It was pretty exciting to get my picture taken for my student card! It's a little silly how there's the huge green photo booths that are only for taking your school picture. I should be receiving my card in about two weeks! Then I came home and Rosa cooked some delicious pot roast that is just like the one my mother makes! It's always nice having some food you recognized. Though Spain isn't too much of a cultural shock when it comes to it's cuisine. The most different thing about the way they eat are the times they eat at. I always need a snack at about 6pm because there is no way I can make it to dinner at 9pm! I officially have my schedule and I am very exciting for my classes to start next week, however I am also very nervous about my two education courses in Spanish. I really hope people are patient with me. I feel myself getting better everyday but it's a very slow process. My biggest fear is that I won't be fluent when I come home but I have so much here that I don't think it'll be an issue---Hopefully!!! After lunch I was studying my grammar and making vocab flash cards, when Lena asked if I wanted to go to the park with her. The local park is the rio I mentioned in my last post. It's a lovely spot to lay out to get some sun, or study in the shade! After we went to dinner in Valencia's "China Town" because my other roommate, Rayni is from China. We had traditional Lo Mein and that was the best one I have ever had! After dinner Rayni and I walked to a local bar and had some drink that was wine and soda mixed together. It was really good! This was pretty much my day, but it was a nice calm day for sure! Here is a picture of the Rio park from a bridge I was standing on! You can see the slight rainbow in the back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment