Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Another beautiful day in Valencia! Today I went to the center of the city to shop around a little bit. The train station is a gorgeous site in the middle of the city. I love walking by it and seeing the structure. This is used to get to several different cities throughout Spain and all the way to France too! Unfortunately, it started to rain today and I ended my shopping/exploring trip early. Today the bus was very packed and busy. There are not many seats on the bus and it is mostly for standing which I think is different from American buses that have more seating. In the limited seating you are not allowed to sit in the green seats because they are reserved for handicapped, women who are pregnant, and the elderly. I arrived back at the house to wait for my friend Lena to come back from her classes. She is from Germany and is studying international business. We walked around the ciudad de artes y ciencias which has some very gorgeous buildings that you can pay to see art and sciences! The water is my favorite thing about the place because it reminds me of home. We walked along the Rio which is a river that the city has had rerouted to go around the city because of flooding issues. Now this path is a beautiful 10km park that you can walk and run. We came home and I had bread ham with cheese for dinner. It was an overall laid back day in Valencia!
Here are the buildings from the ciudad de artes y ciencias during an early sunset! 

No comments:

Post a Comment